Android Studio Was Unable To Start Correctly (0xc000007b)
I’m using windows 10 home all updated. I was trying to install Android Studio and after the installation, This error message popped up saying
” studio64.exe – Application Error
The application was unable to start correctly 0xc000007b. Click OK to close the application.”
Here is How I resolved this Error.
Follow these steps:
- open Settings (just right-click on windows start and choose settings)
- search for ‘Windows Defender Settings’ or just go to ‘Update & Security’ > ‘Windows Security’
- then open ‘App & browser control’, in the new opened window scroll down to the end to find ‘Exploit protection settings’, click that
- sort of settings will be shown and you can change the default settings. to create an exception you should click “Program settings” (which doesn’t seem to be a button, but it is!)
- click ‘add program to customize’, in the dialog enter your ide name.exe (you can easily find it by clicking ‘open file location’ on shortcut of the application)
- in my case the application name was ‘studio64.exe’
- next you have to look for ‘force randomization for images (Mandatory ASLR)‘ check the ‘override system settings’ and switch it off and apply settings.
- I’m not sure if it’s needed, but turning off ‘Randomize memory allocations (Bottom-up ASLR)‘ stated to work for others